Recognition

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Daisy Love



A dear crafty friend of mine for Christmas sent me a bunch of die cuts for Christmas - it was such a thoughtful gift.  She knew I didn't have very many Cheery Lynn Designs dies and that I really like them.  I used these dies cuts she sent me from CLD Daisy Strip and attached them with a vintage bronze tiny brad, then strung a little piece of Beadsmith 24 gauge vintage bronze wire for the flower stem.  I added 2 strips of floral washi tape in pink and green to the bottom of the wire to secure it to the card, then added the sentiment over it up on pop dots.  The sentiment is from a Hero Arts set called "Let Love Grow" that I just love!  I have been wanting "postage stamp" type dies but haven't wanted to spend the $ on them yet, so I figured how to make it look like that by using my dots die from Paper Smooches Dots and Dashes dies and then cutting down the middle of the cut out dots so it looks like a postage stamp!  Much cheaper way to get the same effect and now that I figured it out, I can do it on any size square or rectangle or straight line I need it on!  Lastly added Wink of Stella on daisy and May Arts dotted ribbon on the side.

If you scroll down you can see the Wink of Stella on the flower and a close up of the wire.

I'm entering this in the following challenges:
Color Throwdown #381 to use pink green and kraft

Thanks for stopping by!







11 comments:

  1. Genius! Using that die and cutting down the middle to make the postage stamp look - well done! Your flower is absolutely delightful with its little wire stem.
    Thank you so much for joining us at Less is More.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely CAS design! Thanks so much for joining us at Color Throwdown this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card! Love the little touches - the polka dot ribbon, the wire stem, and postage edge on the sentiment panel. Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how there's so much attention to detail, yet it's still a CAS card. Very thoughtfully done - and great idea about the dots die!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super CAS and creative! Great work and thanks for playing at Less is More this week. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely flower dies - clever use of wire x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great use of wire and I love the small addition of colour combined with the neutrals.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the postage stamp edging - very clever. I also adore the wink of stella. Thanks for joining us at CAS Colours & Sketches this week. Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a pretty daisy... one of my favourite flowers, with the super addition of the wire stem!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like your take on the sketch, and I love the Daisy.Thanks for joining us at CC&S
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Time ran away with me for commenting last week! Thank you so much for sharing your pretty card with us at CC&S. Stef x

    ReplyDelete