Recognition

Thursday, March 22, 2018

Checkerboard Birthday Card with Foiling


Hello and welcome!  I wanted to play with a few challenges and also stock up my birthday card stash so I came up with this quick card.

I had foiled in light peachy pink, a piece of Gina K Designs patterned paper and had the negative piece (which looked just the same as the foiled piece) and adhered it to a piece of white card stock.  I used that to cut a strip for the bottom of the card and also I used Seredipity Stamps "Party Balloons" die to cut balloons out of it.  The "Happy Birthday" border is from Lil' Inkers Designs.  This is one of two dies I recently bought from Lil' Inkers and my first experience with this company.  The dies shipped out really quick and they cut like butter - so nice!   So glad I got them!  I added silver glitter paper die cut balloon string to the balloon and finished it off with a few Nuvo glitter drops on the black bottom border of the sentiment.  

Here's a close up view:


Thanks so much for stopping by!


I plan to enter this in:


   

7 comments:

  1. Love the simplicity of this card--a fabulous focal point and wonderful foiling, and that balloon is so very sweet. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is fabulous! Love all the little checkerboard patterns. Thanks for playing along with AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this CAS design that sports so much elegance with the foiling. Awesome card creation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific design! Thanks for sharing with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful masculine card. So hard to capture the true look of the foil on camera. Thanks for joining in the fun as CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous eye-catching card! Great take on our challenge theme! Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card, thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards !

    ReplyDelete