Recognition

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Amazing August Birthday








Thanks so much for stopping by!

Today I have a fun card made with a few challenges in mind.
I used Echo Park Magical Plaid Stencil with a Clarity Stencil Brush and Distress Ink to make the background on the card base.  I stenciled another panel with Altenew's Layered Dahlia Stencil's A and B with light and dark Hero Arts Shadow Inks, then fussy cut one of the flowers out.  I edged it in black and then adhered it to the card base.  I added a strip of My Mind's Eye patterned paper to the side, then stamped the sentiment from Concord & 9th "All Year Long" stamp set.  Lastly I added lots of Nuvo Jewel drops in lines outlining the white parts of the flower, then added Dazzling Diamond Glitter while it was still wet so it would stick to the Nuvo.  Then I had a mess on my hands with the left over glitter, but after it dried, I shook off the extra glitter and used a dryer sheet to get the glitter off the rest of the card.  I think it has a very unique look to it and the Nuvo gave it a lot of dimension!

Here are a few more views:



I plan to enter this in:

      

16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous take on the throwdown colors! The touch of glitter is a great detail! Thanks for joining us at CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love the plaid stencil and layered flower dies on it look so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love the plaid stencil and layered flower dies on it look so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is absolutely stunning and what a fantastic sentiment too! The plaid really makes that flower pop as well as the glitter on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply stunning! Love what you have done to that beautiful flower. Suttle background making it pop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Macimbalo, what a beautiful background you've created using that plaid stencil and distress inks. And the partial image of the flower---stunning! Love the texture and dimension you've added with the Nuvo and all that wonderful glitter. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All that glitter makes me so very happy, and so does your fab background!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The texture and design of this card is wonderful! I'm really liking all the stenciling from the background to the floral design and I loved the sentiment. This is such a pretty well thought out card. Thanks so much for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous! Love all the texture and dimension and beautiful background. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the texture with the stenciling and glitter! Gorgeous! So happy you joined us at CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Your card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous card - I love that bold flower and the sentiment is such fun - thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Golly I like yours better than mine! I have that stencil and will give it a try. Gives me a reason to actually use it! In case you are wondering, mine is the Darby Creek one:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow, what a gorgeous flower...luv the glitter! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete