Recognition

Tuesday, August 20, 2024

Believe with Snowflakes from Memory Box

Believe 1

Hello and welcome, it's Angie here today with a holiday card full of sparkle! 

Supplies:  https://ldli.co/e/om52lp1

I used the brand new "Snowflake Hot Foil Plate" to create my background on a piece of red paper from the "Blush" paper pad.

Sometimes when I hot foil, I actually get a hot mess on my paper, but I have a tip for you if your end result after foiling has foil in places you don't want it!  As you can see below, some of the foiled snowflakes look pretty bad with extra foil that got stuck in places it shouldn't and then there are some that look pretty good.  The reason that some flakes look better is because once I saw it come out messy, I took my sand eraser and rubbed it over places where extra foil landed and in places I didn't want foil.  It really cleans up foiled papers that don't always turn out perfectly.  

Foil tip

So you can see below up close, the panel that started out with messy foiled snowflakes was saved by my sand eraser.  The reason you get overfoiling has to do with your machine's temperature setting, the brand of foil you are using and how many seconds you set the timer.  Some foils require more time/heat and others don't, so it takes some experimenting - but the sand eraser is your friend when it comes to hot foiling that is for sure!  (The foil I used is called speckle silver glimmer foil.)

Close believe

I used only 3/4 of the top of the card for my red panel and added it to a piece of white woodgrain paper, then added that to a white card base.  I cut the "Drifting Snowflake" detailed die from silver glitter paper from the "Glitzy Paper Pad" and also cut 2 thin silver glitter strips to add to the left and right side of the card front.  I cut the background die from the "Drifting Snowflake" from navy cardstock from the "Lagoon Paper Pad" for the dark background to enhance the silver glitter snowflakes.

I cut the sentiment "Believe Enchanted Script" die from white for the backgound and from navy card stock for the thinner letters and then glued them together.  Once dried, I added it to the bottom of the card on the woodgrain paper.  Lastly I added some silver jewels to the glitter snowflake centers, from the "Christmas Fairy Jewels" pack.  Here is one last look:

Believe 2

Thanks so much for stopping by!  If you are interested in links to my supplies, check out my blog post HERE.  Be sure to come back each day for more inspiration from the design team!  Happy crafting....


 

AngiesignatureNEW

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment