Recognition

Monday, December 11, 2023

Wood Slice Christmas Ornaments with Memory Box

 All 3 main

Hello and welcome,  I have some fun ornaments I made for Christmas gifts with dies from the newest holiday release and pre-cut wood slices.  

Supplies:  https://ldli.co/e/gq5mpdn

Here's a look at my first ornament:

3rd ornament main

To make this ornament, I used the new Poinsettia Rub-Ons directly on to one of my wood slices as seen below:

Prep 1

Prep 2

Once I had the rub ons on the wood slice, I took some brown Distress Ink and added it to the wood edges.

Prep 3

Next I cut the Brilliant Joy die from the Fester Glitter Pack, 2 colors, a silvery gold and dark green.  If you cut both dies from each color, since one die has it's own outline, you get enough parts to make 3 whole Joy sentiments.  I used one and saved the other two for a later project.

Prep 7

Next I worked on another ornament use more of the blue shades of rub on's.  Here's a look:

Prep 4

I basically did the same think on this ornament, just used different colors. On this one I did not add brown ink to the edges, and the sentiment was made from the Glitzy Glitter and Vintage Pastel Glitter pads.  Here's a look at the completed ornament.

1st ornament main

I wanted to make one more ornament so I for this one I used new Aurora Snowflake die set for it.  As you can see below I cut several of the background snowflake from glitter paper.  For this ornament I used only the Vintage Pastel Glitter pad.  I cut 2 from the lighter color and one from the blue and then I cut the intricate center die from the lighter glitter paper.  I glued it onto the blue background with Glossy Accents - this really helps it stick and works lots better than liquid glue on the glitter side.  I added lots of jewels and gems to the main snowflake and then got ready to add them to the wood slice.

Prep 5

I glued the two light ones to each other with Glossy Accents and then the blue one on top of those two using Glossy Accents and then putting something heavy on it while it dried as you can see below:

Prep 6

Once it was dried, I was ready to drill holes in the top of each wood slice and and add a string hanger for each of them.  Here's another look at all three ornaments.

All 3 1

I hope you like the ornament gifts I made for today's post.  I really had so much fun creating them with the new holiday dies from the 2023 Christmas Release.  Be sure to come back tomorrow and every day for more inspiration from the design team and happy crafting my friends!

AngiesignatureNEW

 


No comments:

Post a Comment