Recognition

Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Snow Cards with Memory Box



Hello and welcome! Happy Halloween!

Here in my part of Texas we are having our first freeze warning and the temperature has been super cold for this time of year - poor kiddos going trick or treating! They are going to have to dress super warm for this holiday!!!

Well, since it's so cold around here, I'm featuring some beautiful snowflake products that were in the 2023 Christmas new release.

Supplies: https://ldli.co/e/omz636j

I have two cards for you today using a panel I used the emboss resist technique on.

First I stamped and heat embossed in translucent embossing powder, the larger Aurora Snowflake background rubber stamp on a large panel of thick white card stock. I next inked the background with Speckled Egg Distress Ink and an inking tool. I also used the Snow Flurries stencil and put it on top of the panel and used a white gel pen to make lots of dots (like tiny snow dots) on the panel for more interest. It took a little time, but I like the way it turned out.

I inked a little past the stamp on just the white non-embossed portion so I could use that part to heat emboss the sentiment for card #1 with white embossing powder. Just be sure you wait until the inking dries before you stamp and heat emboss the sentiment so the powder won't stick to the inking. Here's a super close look at the Aurora Snowflake on card #1:



As you can see I cut that new 2 piece die from both a white and a light blue glitter paper and layered the frame over the blue one, then added small red jewels and one larger crystal to the center.

I took the emboss resist panel and cut a frame using the the largest and 3rd largest dies from the A2 Rectangle die set. I will use the center section for my 2nd card. On the front of the card base, I inked the front with the same color ink, using the Snow Flurries stencil. Here's a look at the dots it created on the card front.



I added the sentiment strip to the bottom of the card and then the outside frame on top of it. Lastly I added the beautiful large Aurora Snowflake to the card front. Here's one last look at card #1:

 


Here's a look at my second card:



As you can see I used the inside rectangle from the heat resist panel. I also added inked dots to the card front of this card. I took red/foil paper from the Poinsettia Garland paper pad and used the largest two dies from the same rectangle frame die set to cut a thin frame for around the card front. I used the same paper and cut the Merry Christmas Streamlined Script sentiment die from. I also cut two extra sentiments from thick white card and stacked all 3 together for a more substantial and sturdier sentiment. Here's a closer look at that.



I added the frame to the outer edge with glue, the heat resist panel in the middle. Next I added tiny red jewels to the snowflake centers. Lastly I added the sentiment at an angle. Here's one last look:



I hope you like my cards for today and also have inspired you to create some fun snowflake cards for the holidays. If you'd like more info and links to products, check out my blog post HERE.

Thanks for stopping by!










1 comment:

  1. What great cards! The first one looks like the whole thing is glitter, even though it's just the die cut snowflake. Your inking gave it a fun look. Both of these are great and I love that you made 2 cards with the opposite pieces.

    ReplyDelete