Recognition

Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Spellbinders New Release - Photosynthesis and Country Garden Collections



Hello and welcome! I have 3 cards for you today featuring a brand new release from Spellbinders newest release with Simon Hurley's Photosynthesis collection. I made two A2 cards and 1 mini slimline card as you can see above.

Supplies:  https://ldli.co/e/lmzzk0p


All of the vases were die cut from some adhesive backed linen fabric I had in my stash. Each vase has its' own really cool pattern that it embosses when you die cut it along with the coordinating outline die. Because the linen and the pattern are already textures, when you add Distress Ink to them, they look even more textured. I added the ink direct to the vase, but darker around the edges. Below you can see the ink colors I used on each of the vases, on some I combined some of the inks.



And below you can see the inked vases, along with the inks, and the package of "Ceramic Vases" from the new release:



Here's my first card, the slimline one:



For this card I use card stock and patterned paper from Memory Box (all items available are links below or in the supplies link above.) The leaves were cut from 2 different shades of the green card stock pack along with the flowers which were cut from white (for the centers) and reddish and pink card stock from the same red card stock pack. Here's a closer look:


The background is a piece of Memory Box Woodgrain white card stock cut toe 3 inches by 5.5 inches.  I added a piece of plaid paper from a Memory Box plaid paper pack (also linked below.)  Once I added the vase and flowers/leaves to the vase with glue and foam tape, I added the woodgrain panel to the card base.  I added the strip of plaid below the woodgrain panel and then added two black strips of cut card stock below the vase.

Then I heat embossed several sentiment from the SDS-184 Welcome Sign & Sentiments stamp set released today also by Spellbinders. There's a whole collection of goodies designed by Annie Williams! 

On this card I used the "I Pick You" cut into a little banner and popped up on foam tape  Lastly I added a few clear jewels from Memory Box.  Here's one last look:



Here's card #2:


It was made the same way as the first card, only it's an A2 size, I used different flowers and vase and sentiment.  The only additional thing I did was add turquoise and yellow jewels in the embossed patterned of the vase.  here's a closer look:


I used 2 colors of yellow card stock from a yellow Memory Box card stock pack and some dark gray to cut the stamen die in the center.  Here's one last look:



And here's my third and final card for today:


This is also an A2 card but the background is not the woodgrain paper, but rather just white card stock.
I made it all the same using two colors of orange card stock for the flowers and used yellow for centers.
Here's a closer look:


For this card I put a few light orange and green jewels on the sentiment strip. 
 Here's one last look:



I hope you like my cards for today.  I really enjoyed making them.  I've heard from a few people that they don't like putting the smaller die cuts together, but here's a tip to help you with that.  I will cut lots of the dies at one sitting from many colors and put them all in a bowl and then put the bowl by my chair in the living room with a bottle of glue.  Then when I watch TV, I multitask and put the dies together.  I like keeping my hands busy when I watch TV, mainly because it keeps me from eating and snacking so much at night!  So there's a plus right there!

Anyway, thanks so much for stopping by.  If you'd like to see my supply list with links, just scroll down a little and everything that is available to purchase is listed below.  Happy crafting my friends!



1 comment: