Recognition

Saturday, July 10, 2021

Just Us Girls Challenge #592 - Recycle


Hello and welcome!  There's a brand new trend challenge as Just Us Girls this week hosted by Sue and here's the theme she has chosen:


And here are some suggestions from Sue to help you get started:
Recycling to reduce waste, think of using packaging, security envelopes (some pretty patterns on the insides),  old book pages or magazines, let your imagination run wild with this.

For my project today, I used recycled vintage sheet music from an old hymnal.

I made a pattern for the clipboard cover with a piece of tracing paper, then tore out a page from the old hymnal.  After adhering the music to the clipboard with Mod Podge, I trimmed and sanded down the edges with a paper sander.  Next I sprayed it with some texture spray and let it dry.  I aged it even more by adding Walnut Stain Distress Ink over the whole clipboard.

The attached pen and metal clip area are covered in washi tape and the flower on top was attached with a hot glue gun.  I also took a 6 by 9" paper pad and did the same thing to a strip of music so it would match the clipboard.



















I actually sell these in my Etsy shop and needed to make some more, because I was down to one left in the store.  I hope you have time to create something using recycled materials this week!  I can't wait to see what you make.

Be sure to stop by the JUGS blog to see what our July guest designer, Chrissie Stokes, and the whole team have made for your inspiration!


Thanks so much for stopping by!



11 comments:

  1. Love ABC projects. This turned out awesome. Great recycling

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so pretty Angie! I love the distressed look and the matching notebook is 👍!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this. Very unique and pretty. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I love how you distressed that sheet music and made this beautiful clipboard! Great recycling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic! Love everything about this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! What a great gift this would make for any music lover! Awesome job with this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm full-fledged swooning over this awesome music sheet ensemble! The clipboard is lovely; the matching paper, pretty and practical!
    hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've used pages from an old hymnal to make Christmas ornaments. I love how you 'antiqued' it with spray and DI. Such a great gift combo, Angie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this beauty is so you with the music Angie. So feminine and pretty. Amazing recycling!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a brilliant way to recycle old music sheets! This is absolutely charming, Angie.

    ReplyDelete