Recognition

Saturday, November 10, 2018

Just Us Girls Trend Challenge #466 - Bleach


Hello and welcome!

I'm here today with a  brand new challenge over at Just Us Girls!
This week it's a Trend Challenge hosted by the lovely Ina,

and she has chosen - Use Bleach on Your Card!



Be sure to stop by the JUGS blog to see the inspiration from our guest designer, Clair Garland and the whole team!

For my card I used a strip of thick post-it tape to mask off a diagonal line on my card front, then inked the top with Distress Inks in blues and the bottom in yellows.  I did it direct ink pad to paper.  Next I dried it and then added flowers from the Altenew Garden Treasure stamp set and heat embossed them and then painted them with bleach and a paint brush.  Next I added a thick black line with a marker on the edges of the colors to separate the sentiment strip all white.  The sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp You Matter and the die is a matching die from that set.

I cut the "you" die directly out of the front of the card and then placed a black die cut inside the opening, adding back the inside of the bottom of the "y".

Here's a few more views of my card:




I hope you have a chance to play in this week's bleach challenge!  I can't wait to see what you make!


Thanks so much for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. This card is right up my alley! I love it! You have out done yourself this week! One of my favs of yours for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your split panel of 'bleached' flowers is stunning, Angie! Love the big YOU!
    hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the split aspect of your card with the two bold colours. The flowers look super bleached out with the sentiment through the middle, great inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card Angie with those two bleached colours and pretty flowers. Super sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! I love you inked and masked the background. Coloring all of those flowers must have taken a lot of patience with the end result well worth it! Very cool idea to add the black lines edging the sentiment panel with a marker.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never thought to bleach Distress Ink, Angie. That might have been easier than trying various papers to see which ones would bleach. I love seeing the technique in two colors.

    ReplyDelete