Recognition

Monday, October 8, 2018

Two Cards with Joy Clair Snowy Greetings

 


Hello and welcome!  

I'm here today with two fun winter card using the brand new Joy Clair set called 

I just love these snowmen, they are so cute and the sentiments are perfect for winter cards!


For my first card, I stamped the single snowman and then a mask for him.
After masking him, I used a make up brush and Distress Ink in Iced Spruce to ink the background.
Next I added lots of snow using the snowflake stamp with Hero Arts silver ink.
I decided I wanted to only use a small portion of the snowy scene so I die cut it out to use on a card.
I dry embossed the white background and then added the rectangle with the cute snowman on it.  For each layer I added a black layer to help define the layers better between the spruce and white card stock.  I stamped the sentiment and die cut it out and layered it with black too to help it pop.
I popped both the image and the sentiment up on foam tape for dimension.



Here's a final view of my first card:



And here's my 2nd card:



I used the trio of snowmen from the set and stamped and colored them with colored pencils and Gamsol, then I stamped them again on some chevron striped patterned paper.  I fussy cut and paper pieces the bottom of their sweaters and scarfs and paper pieced them on the card front.  I had inked the background on the card with blue clouds and with some Iced Spruce Distress Ink on the bottom.
I added the snow and snowballs and stamped the sentiment.  Lastly I added some sequin snowflakes that I also inked with Iced Spruce ink.
Here's another look at my card:




I hope you enjoyed my snowman card!  I just love this new set:  Snowy Greetings!
Be sure to check out all the new release sets at Joy Clair!

Thanks so much for stopping by!








No comments:

Post a Comment