Hello and welcome!
It's time for a brand new challenge over at Joy Clair for October!
Look at this gorgeous inspiration!
Remember the photo inspiration is totally optional because all Joy Clair challenges are Anything Goes! So get crafty this October and join us for this month's fun challenge for your chance to win!
Here's how I made my card!
1) I took the leafy/floral arch stamp from Joy Clair's Deer Friends set and stamped it in Versafine Clair Nocturne ink and heat embossed in clear embossing powder.
2) Next I laid down the leafy branch across the bottom of the arch to form a complete circle. I arched the stamp a little to help it be more round, then stamped it and heat embossed it too.
Then I added pencil lines to make the circle into a pumpkin before I added the black lines with a marker. Next I colored it with Zig Clean Color Markers.
3) I took a piece of Hero Arts woodgrain vellum and rubbed a little tan ink on it so you could see the woodgrain better, then dried the ink with my heat tool. Next I added the pumpkin to the vellum with vellum adhesive.
4) I worked on some leaves from Joy Clair's Fall Leaves stamp set and stamped them with Hero Arts fall colored inks and the veins with the same black then cut them out. Below you can see my first sample layout as I was playing with all the elements deciding how I wanted my card to look.
5) I tried several different sentiments and decided on the "Life is Good" from the Joy Clair "Good Vibes" stamp set. Here's a look at that set:
6) I stamped and heat embossed that sentiment too, directly on the vellum.
7) Lastly I added the leaves with vellum adhesive to the front of the card and added extra vellum adhesive to the back of the vellum to help hold it onto the A2 panel that I used behind the vellum.
8) I adhered the extra edges of the vellum to the back of the A2 panel and then added that entire panel to a top folding note card.
9) Lastly I added Nuvo Jewel drops in orange and yellow, and added a few extra leaves on the inside of the card
Here's another view of my card:
I hope you will join us this month for our October Joy Clair Challenge!
I can't wait to see what you create!
Thanks for stopping by!