Recognition

Saturday, June 30, 2018

Happy Little Stampers July Watercolor Challenge - opt Birthday



Hello and welcome!

I'm here today with my DT card for the June Happy Little Stampers Watercolor Challenge!
Here's the optional twist - Birthday!  You don't have to do the twist, to enter, only if you want to!


For my card I watercolored a piece of card stock with Distress Inks and then cut a large rectangle out of it.  I used stamps from the Casual Fridays Somebunny stamp set and stamped them on the watercolored paper and also on white card stock.  I fussy cut the balloon, ears, belly and tail from the watercolored paper and paper pieced them onto the white one.  Then I cut the same rectangle dies from the front of the card so that I could attach the bunny image to the back of the inside of the the card.  The rectangle dies I used were 1) Pierced rectangles from MFT and 2) Avery Elle Pinked Edge dies.  Here's a closer view:

This card was so fun to make!  I love being able to see thru the front of the card!

On the left below the card is closed and on the right the card is opened.

  

           
Thanks so much for stopping by!

Hope you will have time to play this month in the HLS Watercolor Challenge!

Our winner for this challenge will receive a $20 coupon to spend at the shop! Check out all the details HERE.

IF YOU USE STAMPS BY HAPPY LITTLE STAMPERS AND YOU ARE OUR RANDOM WINNER, YOUR PRIZE WILL BE DOUBLED!

8 comments:

  1. Oh what a cute bunny card Angie! I love the paper piecing and how you created the aperture with those lovely dies.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute. Great card Angie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an innovative card, Angie! I love how you added colorful background elements to the bunny. It looks amazing. A great design!
    hugs,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning Angie. You have wowed us here with this cute bunny and your layout. Love the background and so glad you showed us inside. Fantabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute card. Fabulous.
    Hugs xx
    Meena Herale

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant and clever design, Angie! Love that cute bunny xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super card , love how you’ve paper pieced that cute bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun card with this cute little bunny, Angie!

    ReplyDelete