Recognition

Saturday, May 26, 2018

Happiness is Love, Coffee & A Friend



Hello and welcome!

I was able to get one more card made today with a few more started.  But Zoe, the puppy needed more attention so I stopped to play with her!

This card was made for the 2018 Spring/Summer Coffee Lover's Blog Hop.

I used a new to me die called Simon Says Stamp Hearts Alive.  I had used it for a previous card on some inked yardstick so I used the cut out hearts from that one to insert into one of the dies I cut from Your Next Stamp "Crazy for Coffee" patterned paper.  After inserting them, I stamped the "Love" from Simon Says Stamp "Beautiful Flowers."  I cut the die out of a piece of white card stock and then backed it with tape so I could add the inserted pieces, hearts and patterned paper pieces.  

I added the sentiment "Happiness is coffee & a friend" is from A Jillian Vance Design stamp set called "Simply Said Perk Up."  I used brown Versafine Clair ink.

I added lots of Spectrum Noir sparkle pen to all the hearts.  I added the whole piece to the front of a folded card then used an MFT edge die to cut the front of the card shorter than the back.



I took another piece of the coffee cup paper and added it to the inside of the card, then added a brown strip of card stock to give it a cleaner edge.  I can write my note on the top half of the card now.

Here's what the inside looks like:


Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed my coffee card!
Have a great rest of your weekend!

17 comments:

  1. This is so cute - perfect card for the Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable! I love that scalloped edge and the sweet colors. Such a darling little card. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So creative and darling. Love the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the perfect backing paper with border die, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely card Angie with that scalloped edge, must get me some of these ;o).
    Great coffee paper for the background indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great design and layout. Love the colors of the hearts. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card. It is so cute and in wonderful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Angie, this is so fun. Love the design!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! Love those hearts and great card design!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun Layout, love the scalloped border /partial front page

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my! What a darling and romantic card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all the shapes and the background is adorable, but my favorite is all the beautiful sparkle you got on your sunset hearts. So wonderfully well put together! Thanks for sharing and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that you used parts from previous projects for this card. SO fun!

    ReplyDelete