Recognition

Sunday, February 18, 2018

Thanks for Everything Gentle Leaves


Hello, welcome, and happy Sunday!  I hope your weekend has been great so far!

I made this card with a few challenges in mind and to build up my stash of thank you cards.

Here's how I made this card.  Actually I started out by die cutting the leaves die from Poppy Stamps (Gentle Leaf Collage) to use as a stencil and was inking through this cut stencil with Aged Mahogany and Evergreen Bough Distress Inks, when I realized I liked the look of the stencil piece I had been inking better than the piece underneath it I was trying to stencil.  So I cut the inked up stencil piece into a rectangle and put black paper behind it.  I splattered the panel and the leftover pieces of the panel with water and cut the inside Thanks die (Scripty Thanks from SSS) and the outline with black.  I put them together and placed them all using the sketch from the challenge below.  To finish it off I added black enamel dots.

Here's a closer look:


Thanks so much for stopping by!


I will enter this in:



  



8 comments:

  1. So very gorgeous. Wonderful colors on that background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just beautiful. I need to pull out my inks now. I really like that you used just that one panel of color and the rest is all black. Really striking and very classy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very swish, loving those colours together! A really classy and elegant looking card. Thanks for joining in with the current AAA Cards Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful design, Angie! Love the silhouette leaves against your pretty background! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! So rich and textured. Gorgeous card. Thanks for sharing your card with ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous take on the sketch--love that color palette!
    Congrats on your HM shout out at CTS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty card! I love that your stencil became part of your card. Thanks for sharing at AAA Cards challenges.

    ReplyDelete