Recognition

Wednesday, January 3, 2018

DT Introduction with Joy Clair Hugs & Smiles, Hello Sentiments & Hoppy Birthday

Hello and welcome!  I'm so excited today to let you know that I am joining the 2018 Joy Clair Design Team!  I'm honored to be working with such a wonderful group of ladies and I am in awe of their amazing talent.


Thanks so much to Amanda and Roxanne for this opportunity to work with Joy Clair Stamps!




For my first card, I used Joy Clair Hugs and Smiles and Joy Clair Hello Sentiments stamp sets:

  


Here's how I made it:
1)  I stamped the flowers from the set and then colored them with inks in pink colors with a Tim Holtz inking tool.



2)  Heat emboss the sentiment from Joy Clair Hello Sentiments with fine detail white embossing powder on black card stock for the center strip.   

3) Color the smaller flowers with dark pink marker, then put Nuvo glitter drops in their centers.



4.  Fussy cut the edges of the flowers and add a black mat on the edge:

    

5.  Add patterned paper behind the flowers panel:



6.  Fussy cut left over pink flowers and add them to the black panel.  
7.  Adhere everything to the white card base  
8.  Add Nuvo glitter drops on all black dots and flower centers.

Here's my completed project:





I'm sharing a second project using Joy Clair Hoppy Birthday stamp set and Joy Clair Anchor of Hope.   I always need children's birthday cards because I have a big family!   I fell in love with this frog set because I collect outdoor little garden frog statues in my backyard!
Aren't those frogs adorable?




    


Here's how I made this set:
1.  Stamp the images on a card stock panel and color with Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol.


2.  Use ink blending tool to make water under frog - I used Distress Inks (Evergreen Bough, Mermaid Lagoon, & Chipped Sapphire)  



3.  Add stamps from Joy Clair Anchor of Hope Bible Journaling stamp set to each card. JC Bible Journaling stamps are versatile because you can use them on your cards too. 


 

4.  Add the card fronts to a black layer, then a white card base,
5.   Add Sea Breeze Nuvo Jewel drops on the water   

Here are my finished "Hoppy Birthday" cards - I think the kids will LOVE them!





Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!



I will enter the first card in:


  


4 comments:

  1. Thee are so cure. I love the swirly stamp set~!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you and I know you will be a great asset to the team. The first card is so beautiful with the swirl design. And, those are all such cute frog cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful set of cards! I love these stamps, so I really enjoyed seeing them at their best. Great use of color and layering! You brought these to life and your coloring skills are amazing! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your skills with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely love the froggy cards and the fabulous swirly flower card.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete