Recognition

Thursday, December 14, 2017

Sending Lots of Christmas Love


Hello and welcome!  I'm still working on Christmas cards....feels like it's taking longer this year - or maybe I'm just getting older!!!

I have a fun card today that was inspired by a couple of challenges that I'll list below.  I started with a Gina K Designs white heavyweight card base and stamped envelopes from Altenew's "Crafty Friends" stamp set and colored them with markers.  The sentiment is from Altenew's "Happy Mail" stamp set.

I stamped and cut the bear from MFT's "Polar Bear Pals" stamp set and cut him out with my Scan n Cut.  I colored him in the same colors and added some light gray shading on him and under where he would be sitting.  I used a Clarity stencil brush with some Weathered Wood Distress Ink to fill in a light bit of color.  Then I used fun foam and cut a piece to put under the bear and pop him up.  The Santa Hat is from MFT's "Beast Friends" set and I fussy cut it out and colored it then added it to the bear's head.  I cut a blue and a red heart with a CC Designs Autumn die set and added them, then added lots of tiny heart sequins for a little shine and to help it look like the love he is sending is floating upwards.

I had so much fun making this card!  Here's another view:



I plan to enter this card in the following challenges:

The Card Concept Challenge #83
I was inspired by the mail theme and the red and blue for my CAS card

  

Thanks so much for stopping by!




7 comments:

  1. This is adorable! Love your sweet bear with the mail and hearts- perfect for our challenge. Thanks for playing along with us at The Card Concept- hugs and we hope you can join us again in the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super, super cute. I LOVE that little bear, and your colors are wonderful. Not quite traditional, but still Christmas-y.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous and fun card with those cute images you used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is so sweet! The polar bear is adorable and I love the design of the falling envelopes!

    Thanks so much for playing along at Little Red Wagon this week!

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing this card with us at 4 Crafty Chicks, love it, so cool.

    Leanne DT/4CC

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute card!!! Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete