Recognition

Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Party Watermelon


I made this card for my granddaughter who loves watermelon - she is 5 and loves watermelon more than any person I know!  

I used a set of stamps from American Crafts that I picked up at Tuesday Morning-they don't have a name on them other than Dear Lizzy.  I stamped the watermelon and sentiment from the set and then colored the watermelon in reds and light pink, then masked it off to add the turquoise ink with the Echo Park Magical Plaid Stencil.  I then added a lot of Nuvo Jewel drops, in strawberry and also a light blue (sea breeze) and a light green (key lime) combo to make them look turquoise.  
Lastly I added a thin black circle strip (made with 2 circle dies) around the focal image.

I will enter this in:


    


11 comments:

  1. Fun card - cool use of the colors! Love the plaid stencil! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Juicy card!Love the sprinkles! Thanks for sharing with us at CASology! Anna xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. so card is so cute and of course watermelon is the perfect Summer food...thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the stencilled background and the little dew drops, such a fun card. Thanks so much for sharing and joining in at CC&S. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! That plaid stencil is so cool an dI love all the Nuvo drops. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great fun card and I love those dew drops. Thanks for taking part in this week's CC&S challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute! I really like the plaid stencilled background. Thanks for making CC&S part of your crafting time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely juicy drops! And bright watermelon. So happy you could play in the CASology challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, wow, this is so colorful and sweet! I love the soft stenciling behind that juicy watermelon slice! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a really sweet card and I love the design of keeping all the elements inside the circle and leaving white space. Thanks for sharing with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete