Recognition

Saturday, August 19, 2017

Just Us Girls #407 - Color Week - Red Blue and Yellow







This week at Just Us Girls we have a great color challenge for you!
Be sure to check out Darnell, our guest designer's card and all the DT HERE!



I love using seasonal crafting items in off season, so I took a Valentine die and used it for a more bright, summery, happy card for one of my grandkids.

For my card I used Simon Says Stamps Floating Hearts die and cut it out of all 3 colors.
Then I pieced it back together with different sections in each color - so I actually came out with 3 total cards like this that were slightly different from each other!  The Love You is from Simon Says Stamp Thankful Heart stamps set and I finished the card with some white gel pen dots and Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen on the yellow hearts!
Here's a close up view!





 Hope you can play along!  If you win Chic of the Week in any of our August challenges, you are in the running to be chosen as our Guest Designer for the month of October.
We can't wait to see what you create for Just Us Girls!

I will enter this in:
Scrapyland Challenge #72

9 comments:

  1. Very cool card! Love all the color and inlays! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love it! That die is awesome! Looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great design for the grandkids, Angie! I love the idea of using off-season items and how you inlaid the different colors to get three cards out of the deal! Perfect!! Thanks for letting me play with you again! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love all your die cuts and inlays. And those white dots are the perfect final touch, well done. Super cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those dots are so perfectly placed, Angie. You have a good eye and steady hand. How great that you got a three-fer from this wonderful design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet this card was a little time consuming piecing those bits but a great finish with 3 cards - but oh such fun! Love your layout and those little hearts of love. Your little white dots make all the difference. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you broke apart the pieces and put them back together in such a fun pattern Angie! Such a fun card that I am sure your GC will love!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! Such a wonderful design with all of those inlaid hearts and stripes. So perfect for reminding one of your grandkids how much you love them.

    ReplyDelete