Recognition

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

You're My Favorite Season




DH and I were out and about yesterday so we went to Wal-Mart, of all places, to get some steps in and help in his recovery.  We saw this awesome little herb drying board!


I told DH I can make that!  I was getting out my camera to take a picture of it and noticed the price $4.88.  Holy cow, why would I want to make this when I can buy it ready made for $4.88!
So I bought it - I might make some as gifts in the future, but I need a way to hang the herbs I grow, up to dry now and that's CUTE!  The way I do it now, it to tie them up with twine from my craft room and hang them on hangers in the garage - sooooo ugly!  
Now I have a stylin' way to hang my herbs!
(I need to get a life!)

Anyway, I saw the new challenge over at Casology - Season, and thought I can make a card for that, and here it is!  The sentiment is from Concord & 9th Lace Leaf and the stamps are from a 1999 Stampin' Up set that I bought used at a garage sale when I first started stamping a couple of years ago.  
I picked my favorite "season" out of the row and colored that one only.  I used Archival Ink in black and Zig Clean Color Markers with water and a paint brush.  I used one of the other stamps in the set to make a coordinating envelope, you can see part of it below in the pictures on the bottom right.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Here are a few more pictures:



I will enter this in:

Casology Week #246 Challenge - Season
CAS Colours & Sketches Challenge #220 Sketch
(I used their top scalloped border on my card bottom with the plants,
and the rectangle is my sentiment's shape.)
Stamplorations CAS April Challenge

   

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, thanks for joining us at CC&S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my favorite SU set! so well done--I love the spotlight coloring and that bold sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Stamplorations CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful and I love the spot light design you made with the row of potted plants.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you've used colour to spotlight your favourite season's pot.. Thanks for playing at CC&S.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card! That old SU set is awesome. Love your coloring! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful job of spotlight colouring; great CAS card; thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful spotlight coloring!
    Love this!
    Thanks for joining Casology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card and stamp, beautiful colour spotlighting too. Thanks so much for joining in at CC&S. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute card and great take on the sketch!! Love your innovation and use of spotlight coloring! Thanks for sharing your creation and talent with us at CC&S this week. Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete