Recognition

Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Bday Diamond Background in Oxides


I had fun playing with stencils and oxide inks in the cave today!  This card came out really vivid because of the inks and moving the stencil around - it's really not my style, but it's fun to create outside your comfort zone!

I used Stampers Anonymous Diamonds stencil with 4 colors of Distress Oxide Inks - just moved the stencil around for each different color.  Then I cut that panel with the large scalloped die from Wplus9's Sunshine Layers die set.  The stamp set I used is Newton's Nook Garden Starter 1, stamped in Hero Arts black dye ink, then colored with Prismacolor pencils.  I added Wink of Stella to the flowers, and Glossy Accents to the centers of the flowers.  All card stock used was from Gina K Designs.  After I took pictures I decided to add a couple of shiny silver butterflies cut with the Poppy Stamps Happy Butterfly sash die.  You can see the added butterflies in pictures below.  Thanks so much for stopping by!

I will be entering this in the Newton's Nook Inky Paws Bday Challenge.



4 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! Love the colors you used for both the background and your flowers. And they are so beautifully colored.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is so pretty with the bright, spring colors! Wonderfully done! Thanks so much for joining us at Inky Paws Challenge!
    Debbie, IPC Lead

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! Love those colors! Thanks for playing along with the Inky Paws challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! I love the diamond background and the fun colors! So cheerful!
    -Jen {Newton's Nook Designs}

    ReplyDelete