Recognition

Sunday, February 5, 2017

Trust in the Lord




I've been working outside my comfort zone and trying to use some of the layering skills I learned at the Reverse Confetti retreat last year.  These cards are always a challenge for me and I spend hours trying different combinations and redoing them before I am semi-happy with the results.  So the SFYTT each month over at the Reverse Confetti blog is actually a huge challenge personally for me and some months I never end up entering because I don't like anything I've made!  But I will continue to work to improve my layering skills and can't wait till next year's retreat to see everyone and learn more.

This card was made with Reverse Confetti card stock, papers, stamps and dies (confetti cuts), dotted ribbon, Black enamel accents, gold metallic laminate, twine, Prismacolor pencils, Gamsol and blender, and Wink of Stella.  I also used a bone folder and score board for background.
Here's a list of the Reverse Confetti items I used:
"Walk by Faith" stamp set (NBUS)
"Love Blooms" stamp and confetti cuts 
"Swirlies" confetti cuts
"Wheat" confetti cuts
"True Love" and "Warm Hearts" 6X6 paper pads


  




5 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful! Love the colors and the layers! Also how you scored the bottom layer looks fab! I so get what you're saying about it taking forEVER to put a card together! I am the very same way! Your efforts here are definitely worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, lovely colors!
    Thanks for joining us for the February SFYTT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done for working outside your comfort zone and you nailed it! This card is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the different elements and how you combined them seamlessly.. like they just belong together! Very clever to use the swirlie die to frame your sentiment and that gold outline leaf is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete