Recognition

Thursday, July 14, 2016

You Make Me Smile Daisy


Playing in the cave today.  I've been up since 4 a.m., couldn't sleep!  I bet I can sleep good tonight!

I used Inkadinkado masking paper to die cut the large outline die of the Hero Arts Paper Layering Daisy die set and then inked in colors of the Color Throwdown Challenge.  I then sprayed water on a polka dotted background stamp and used it to lift some of the distress ink and leave a pattern.  I used the center die cut to cut the daisy out of the white space left after masking and then curled up the leaves.  I took the mask that I used and put it under the daisy so some color would peek through.  I heat embossed the sentiment in white embossing powder and popped the sentiment (from Hero Arts Happy set) up on pop dots in the middle of the daisy.  I trimmed the top panel, then adhered it to a black card base and added Wink of Stella to the large white petals.
 Thanks so much for stopping by!

I am entering this card in the following challenges:



  
    

8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card! I love that daisy and the great background! Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS background you created! The colors are fabulous, they look awesome! I also love your perfectly sweet flower. Beautiful card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Mod Squad Challenge Donna, Challenge Host.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, using the colored mask behind the flower is genius! Gorgeous card; love all the little details. Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving how your card has turned out - but 4 a.m crafting, I'd be so bug eyed that everything would be wonky! Thanks for playing along at CC&S.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another beauty! Love the colors and the background. Getting up at 4am seems to suit you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card, love how the colour peeks through under the petals. Also love the colours you chose.

    Just got that die, time to play with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the sponged background! Thanks for playing along with the Color Throwdown challenge! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. STUNNING card! Love the ink blended BG with the polka dots and the dimension of that die cut flower against the BG - WOW! Thanks for joining in on the fun at CC&S Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete