Recognition

Sunday, July 24, 2016

Sandpaper Welcome


I was playing around today with sand paper from my husbands tool box to see if it could be stamped, colored, etc and what effects I could get using it on cards.  The banner and upside down flower are stamped and die cut out of sand paper using Versafine black ink, then adding blue Perfect Pearls on top.  Other supplies used were card stock from Gina K Designs, banner die from Mama Elephant, large stitched scalloped die from Wplus9, We R Memories Next Level embossing folder, flower stamp and die from Cas-ual Fridays "Mon Ami" set.  The sentiment is from a set of sentiments that I have - one of my very first purchases and it has no name on it so I'm not sure where it came from.

I'm not done playing with that sand paper but this was my first creation stamping on it and die cutting it.  It's pretty shiny and I tried to capture that in some of the pictures below.

Thanks for stopping by!

      

14 comments:

  1. Brilliant and creative ways to add texture! I really love those Next Level embossing folders, and using sandpaper too was a fab idea. Thanks so much for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea and it came out really nicely. Was this card for hubby? I'm sure you're glad to have him home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, great idea to use the sandpaper, it works so well. The contrasts you create add so much interest.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely simple design with incredible texture!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love your quilted background! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did not. Use. Sandpaper. Wow! So cool and creative! It looks fab! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Saw your card on Less is More and wanted to drop by and say I love the quilted looking background! So neat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So creative with amazing effect!
    Thanks for joining CTS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love the idea of the quilt die, which makes me think of something soft, being teamed up with the rough sandpaper. That was an inspired item to use to make your card tactile. Fantastic! Thanks for joining us at Less is More.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. FAB make to co-ordinate with many challenges, good luck

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  11. WoW great take on all those Challenges beautiful card. Thank you for joining us over at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow such a great design, love the textures :) thank you for sharing with ATCAS

    ReplyDelete