Recognition

Sunday, July 3, 2016

Kitchen Colors Card


I used to have an enormous Coke Collection when my kids were younger!  My whole kitchen was Coca Cola, ceiling fan, dishes, you name it - it was all Coke!  It all started with a cabinet I bought at a craft fair - I still have that cabinet in my craft room.  I don't drink Coke (Coke Zero maybe once in a while) but I just liked the logo and the red and got hooked!

My woman cave-that cabinet on the bottom right started it all...




When we downsized after becoming empty nesters, I took a lot of it up to my office and classroom at school.  But then I retired and had nowhere to put it all!  So I got rid of a lot of my Coke stuff.  I only saved the really unique, one of a kind things like birdhouses and other things made from antique coke crates, coke cans and bottles.  So there are the colors of my kitchen - white cabinets, tan walls and countertop, black and silver appliances, and the red for the Coca Cola accents!

Supplies used:  kraft, white and black card stock and gingham pp from Gina K Designs, Poppies Stamps Arched Poppies die, Waffle Flower Yippee die, Wplus9 Sunshine Layers die, sequins from a dear friend who sent me a bunch of goodies for my bday!

Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

  1. A super stylish card with that lovely pop of red in the flowers against the Kraft background. Fab LIM entry - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The gingham really pops against the kraft - fab CAS card. Love the remains of your Coke collection too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super card and colours

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your delightful card represents the colours of your kitchen perfectly. Nice to hear the story behind the inspiration too. Thanks for joining us.
    Sharon xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice card. Have a lovely day, Ankie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant card, love the gingham !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that gingham flower - it is really playful and brings out the colour combo perfectly. What great inspiration! Lovely to see you at Less is More :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just playing catch up on last week's challenge entries!
    This is terrific, I love the pics you posted too, your card is truly representative of your kitchen in a really attractive way!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love your combo of red gingham with the kraft! A very clever tribute to coke!

    ReplyDelete