Recognition

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Don't Mess With Texas


In the cave today and decided to make one more Texas card with my new set from a2zscrapbooking store.  It's called Kelly's Texas from Hero Arts CL972 and has lots of cool Texas stamps.  One in the set I probably will never use (it's a longhorn) and since my 3 kids all went to Texas A&M, no longhorns around here!  JK!

I stamps the stamps on white card stock with Versamark ink and heat embossed in clear, then masked off the parts of the Texas flag and inked in the flag colors.  I added two circles from a die (from MFT), one from vellum and one from white card stock, put them together, stamped the sentiment then added little stars and twine from my stash.  Mounted it all on a navy panel, then a Kraft card base.  Entering this in the following challenges:





3 comments:

  1. VERY cool way to use the colors....that paper is awesome! I almost wish I was from Texas when I see this!! Great sentiment too...love the hearts and twine! Thanks for making my colors look so sweet this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWw, this is a great card! Love the white embossing and the almost-flag-like layout of the colored panels. Great use of the colors--thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant use of the vellum; thank you for joining us at A Blog Named Hero! ~Michele, DT

    ReplyDelete