Recognition

Saturday, April 9, 2016

Smooshing So Lovely



I'm here today as a guest designer for Just Us Girls Trend Challenge!  
Thanks so much for inviting me.  

This week's challenge is lots of fun - it's smooshing.  I used the smooshing technique where you use a piece of acetate to pick up ink and water and smoosh it on your paper.  I've done it before with a large piece of acetate, but this time I thought I'd try it with about a 2 inch piece and see how it worked.  I actually liked it better because I felt that I had a little more control over where the ink was going.  

First I took a piece of Tim Holtz Watercolor paper and stamped roses and leaves in VersaMark Ink.  (I masked the roses so the leaves would appear to be behind them) I heat embossed the leaves in clear and the roses in Liquid Platinum embossing powder.  Those stamps are from a Gina K. Design set called "Frames and Flowers 2".  I used some Zig Clean Color markers, spread ink on an acrylic block, sprayed it with water and smooshed the acetate in the ink, then on the paper.  I used a toothbrush and watered down black ink to splatter all over the watercolor paper for some texture.  Then I trimmed down the watercolor paper and added a strip of chevron washi tape.  I added a black strip, stamped the sentiment from Hero Arts "Your So Lovely" set and finished with a few clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh. 

I hope you will have a chance to play along this week with JUGS - just click HERE for the details!




15 comments:

  1. This is great! I love how you have used your smooshes as your flower colors. Great take on the trend. I will have to try using a smaller piece of acetate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! I love how you have used your smooshes as your flower colors. Great take on the trend. I will have to try using a smaller piece of acetate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous - I love it! And such pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful. I agree with Sharyn, I like how you used the smooshes for the flowers. Oh, and I really like the black & white zig-zag border

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you dual stamped on top -- fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I love how you embossed the roses and leaves and then smooshed on the inks. The black and white chevron strip down the side compliments this perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gogreous color combo and card! The stamp on top was a great added touch! So glad you are with us this month at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card! I love how you have done the emboss resist along with the smooshing, and your colors are fabulous! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete