Recognition

Saturday, April 23, 2016

Pink Lemonade Cheers



Hi all, this is Angie with another post as the guest designer over at Just Us Girls.
Thanks again so much for inviting me, it's been so much fun!

This week's Challenge is Photo Week #340 and look at this great inspiration photo!
Makes me thirsty just looking at it!


I used a piece of textured pink card stock for the top panel.  I stamped the sentiment with dark blue ink to match the striped in the patterned paper.  I used my Mini Misti, because with the texture it is hard to get a solid image.  The sentiment is from MFT Handlettered Holiday, I cut just the word "Cheers" off one of the stamps to use by itself.  

The lovely citrus paper is a digital paper from a pack I bought off Etsy from AMGillustrations.  I matted a strip of the paper I printed to some striped blue and white patterned paper (to match the dish towel in the photo) from my stash.  The drink is a digital stamp from Hero Arts set "Let's Chill" available from a2zScrapbooking store or you can also buy it as a clear stamp set.  I sized the stamp and printed it on white card stock, colored it with Spectrum Noir markers and adhered it to the card front.  Lastly I added lots of Rainstones from Papertrey Ink to look like bubbles or drops of condensation, water or lemonade.  This was a really fun card to make! 

I hope you can find the time this week to join along in the fun over at the Just Us Girls Challenge!   



Also entering this in the Mod Squad Water Challenge



18 comments:

  1. Very fun card, I like your citrus paper and the fun raindrops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heidi, it's so sweet of you to stop by and comment!

      Delete
  2. Awesome Summer type card -- love the fruit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Making me thirsty looking at your card to Angie. Such refreshing colours. Lovely to have you as our Guest at JUGS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute! I love the citrus strip matted with the striped paper. That little drink glass with the bubbles really makes this card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic take on the inspiration photo! I have to admit, I got the idea for my card from yours! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your interpretation and those bubbles! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great card! I love the strip of citrus and those fun rainstones!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fun card and a perfect take on the inspiration photo. I can almost taste the lemonade ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE all the texture on this card, and I especially love the black and white stripes here. I have seen this a lot lately and it's always striking. Also was drawn to the rain stones. This is a beautiful card!!! Great take on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummy Yummy! Love the drops! Nicely done!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your clear droplets and great paper sure make for a fabulous card! Great job!

    ReplyDelete