Recognition

Friday, March 11, 2016

Just Breathe



Hi all,  I'm back again with a card that looks like embossing but actually isn't.   

I learned this technique from A2Z's  Martha Lucia and I love to use it on cards!  (Thanks Martha!)  I used the Hero Arts Bold Floral Stencil SA067 over GKD Moonlit Fog cardstock and sponged the matching GKD ink on the card over the stencil, then I moved the stencil slightly down and to the right and sponged again with white ink and poof - there you have a 3D looking background in no time at all!  

I cut the panel with a MFT scalloped frame die and another in white to inset the background panel into.  

Lastly, I used my Misti to stamp the sentiment Just Breathe in Hero Arts Black Ink 
from Hero Arts Hello Gorgeous CL924.  I just love that stamp set.  








4 comments:

  1. You are so right, I would have thought it was embossing. You did a great job with this technique! Really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so elegant! beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This came out beautifully! And I love the sentiment.... I try and tell myself that often ;) Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card!! I love the look!! So elegant and beautiful!! Thanks so much for playing along at Scrapy Land!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete