Recognition

Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Stick By Me Marshmallow


Hi and welcome to my blog!  Today I had a little time to play and I decided to make this thank you card with MFT's "Get Toasty" stamp set and MFT's Rectangle Peek-a-Boo Window die.

I stamped the images in a variety of inks then cut them out.  For the flames, I took the flame stamp and stamped in in various reds, oranges and yellows and offset the stamp each time.  Then I laid them behind the opening, and in front of a gray piece of card stock for the back of the firepit, cut off the excess flames on the bottom, and added lots of sparkle pen to them.  It's hard to see it but I got a little bit of it in the picture below:


I added the sticks and marshmallows to the opening.  Then I heat embossed the sentiment from the same stamp set, cut it into a banner and popped it up on foam tape over the flames.  I think it's an unusual thank you card and will be perfect as a masculine thank you card.

Here are the challenges I would like to enter with this card: 



  
  

8 comments:

  1. That is so adorable. Thanks for joining us at Die Cuttin' Divas this week.

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute! What a fantastic design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so stinkin' cute. LOVE those toasty marshmallows, even though I HATE marshmallows in real life....lol. Great design here, fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Angie, what a striking and well thought out card! Love those marshmallows and the glittery flames. Love the stitching around your rectangular opening. You're right that this would be an amazing masculine card for all occasions. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Heidi,you can see that lots of thought went into this great masculine card. I really like the die cut for the window and your toasty looking marshmallows. Perfect thank you card for a guy - sweet but not too mushy. Thanks for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week, Angie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol! This is cute! Thanks for joining us this week at Watercooler Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Angie, your sparkling flames are great! I love the "stick" as our cue card interpretation...very clever :) Thanks for sharing again with us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete