Recognition

Saturday, April 30, 2016

Stitched Circle Floral Card



Hi there, it's Angie, here with another card for the Just Us Girls month of April challenges.
Thanks so much for inviting me as this month guest designer, such an honor!

Be sure to check out all the fabulous inspiration from the JUGS Design Team!

This week is the Wild Card Week #341 to make your favorite fold or shaped card.  I chose the circle shape.  This was quite a challenge for me because I don't usually make shaped cards but it's good to get out of your comfort zone and try something new.  

Because I'm not very experienced making shaped cards, I went to YouTube to look around and see what shapes other people had made.  There are a lot of videos out there to watch!  I watched this video on youtube HERE and saw the cutest shaped card and I wanted to give it a try.  

I used Hero Arts stamps and dies from the new "You're So Lovely" set and sentiment stamp is from Hero Arts "You Are My Hero" set with Hero Arts shadow inks and ombre inks along with Gina K Designs Applemint and Lipstick ink.  I used vellum instead of acetate for my center.  Other supplies I used were Memory Box stitched circle dies, Bic Yellow/Gold Mark-It marker, Pretty Pink Posh clear droplets, and StazOn black ink for the vellum sentiment.

I hope you can join in the fun this week over at the Just Us Girls Challenge - Color Week - 341!







28 comments:

  1. Super fun card! Love how you layered all the cuts into a wreath card. It's been our pleasure having you design with us in April - your cards were outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for inviting me - I had a lot of fun!

      Delete
  2. Angie this is beautiful! I love the wreath and the gorgeous leaves and flowers! Thanks so much for being our GD this past month. We have so enjoyed having you play along with us. Hope to see you in the gallery again soon. Your cards are a work of art!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharyn, thank you so much for inviting me and always posting such positive comments!

      Delete
  3. This is really darling Angie! I am generally not a fan of circle cards, but adding the flowers and leaves was a fantastic idea! It was wonderful having you with us this month and we look forward to seeing you again in our gallery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Nancy, I appreciate all your kind words!

      Delete
  4. Very pretty.. What a fun design. Thanks for joining us at Your Next Stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is so CREATIVE! Love your use of circle die and HA stamps! SUPER great job you did! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the shape of your beautiful card! The colors are perfect! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous card. I love it

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your fabulous card! Great design! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is gorgeous! Love the circular shape and design. And I love all the bright colors you chose! Thanks for joining us over at the Mod Squad Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a darling card, I love all your elements and soft colors. I bet you had a lot of fun putting this one together. It's been great having you join us this month with your wonderful talent. You have been a great addition to our team, hope to see you here again soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Judy for inviting me to guest design - I really appreciate all your kind comments!

      Delete
  11. Love all the work you have put into this beautiful card Angie. Thanks so much for showing us some of your amazing talent as our Guest this month at JUGS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ina, thanks so much for inviting me this past month, I had a lot of fun. You are all very kind!

      Delete
  12. Love the wreath shaped card - the layers of flowers and leaves are so pretty. Thank you playing in the TCP Tuesday challenge at The Cat's Pajamas for a second time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the colors and and shapes on your wonderful card. I'm so glad you've joined us at The Cat's Pajamas TCP Tuesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A fabulous card, with the pretty flowers and wonderful sentiment. Someone will be smiling when they receive this! Thank you for sharing your gem in the ATSM gallery!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow this is super cute! I love the "frame" looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great job at making a shaped card. It is so pretty! Thanks for joining us at YNS!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So pretty! The wreath in wonderful with just a bit of bling and so much color. Thanks for joining in YNS challenge #38!

    ReplyDelete