Recognition

Monday, July 16, 2018

Joy Clair Color By Faith Many Names & Crackle Background for Bible Journaling Pages


Hello and welcome!  It's Angie and I'm over on the Joy Clair blog today with 2 pages from my Bible Journaling journey.

I used the new set Joy Clair "Many Names" stamps along with the new Joy Clair "Crackle Background" stamp and an older set called "Chain Breaker" along with Leisure Arts Colored pencils.  Here's a look at the new stamp sets:



For my journaling today, I chose Isaiah 26:13 - 

"LORD, our God, other lords besides you have ruled over us, but your name alone do we honor."

There are so many names used for God in the Bible, this new set is a wonderful reminder of them!  This set uses such lovely different fonts for each name.

Here's how I created these two pages:

1)  I stamped on tracing paper to practice so I could lay out the names and find different dies in my stash that would fit the names.  Then I cut them out of post-it notes to use for masking.  I also masked off the border on the left side with post-it tape.

2)   I took Leisure Arts Colored pencils, in pinks and blues. along with Gamsol and a blending stump, to color the left side of the page after masking off the border and the blank places I needed for the names.  When I removed the masks, I outlined each shape in black marker.

  

3)  I stamped some of the names in the white masked areas, then took more Leisure Arts Colored pencils in yellows and oranges and colored the edges of the shapes (from darkest on the edge to lighter in the center) to highlight them better.

   

4)  I put the masks back on and inked up the Joy Clair "Crackle Background" stamp in Versafine Clair Warm Breeze ink.  Then I removed the masks and added a thin strip of striped orange washi tape.

5)  Next I used the yellow pencils to highlight the verse and all the names of God in the Bible text on the both pages.  And I also used a black marker to draw some crosses and hearts in the yellow boxes.

         

6)  In the picture below you can see how the Leisure Arts colored pencil looks before the Gamsol and on the right, how it looks, after several coats of the pencils and blending it with Gamsol.  It really smoothes out the color so nicely.  I used a thin strip of blue dotted washi tape to mask off the border.  I removed it later because my stamp didn't fit there with it.
    

7)  Next I stamped the "There is Power in the name of Jesus" from the Joy Clair "Chain Breaker" stamp set on the right page and added a Paper Smooches cross cut from black card stock and some turquoise  paper I had made with Lindy's Magicals a while back.  I love the marbled look of it!  The picture below has a different cross laid on the page as I was trying different ones before I decided on the marbled one.


8)  Lastly, I stamped almost all of the names from the Joy Clair "Many Names" stamp set randomly over both pages.  Here is a closer look at the left page:

     

And a closer look at the right page:


And a final look at both pages with the supplies I used:


Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope I have inspired you to experiment with your craft supplies when you are studying The Word.  It makes your Bible study time so meaningful! 

Joy Clair has wonderful stamp sets in their Color By Faith series to make the Bible Journaling you want to do very easy and they are all so pretty too!  Don't forget to check out these Leisure Arts Colored Pencils - they are so easy to use and turn out so pretty!

Check out the all the great new stamps in the Joy Clair new release here too!

God Bless You!


2 comments:

  1. Very nice, you are braver than me. I love the idea of Bible Journaling, but never really can jump in. This is just wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete