Recognition

Saturday, February 17, 2018

Faith Quotes from Joy Clair CAS cards



Hello and welcome!  I had a fun time playing in my cave today! I made a couple more cards using minimal dry embossing technique to keep them CAS.

My first card used a square die along with the MFT square window die to cut out a frame and then embossed that frame with a Darice floral embossing folders.  After I took it out, I used my Clarity Stencil brushes to brush a little Distress Ink on it.  Then I added it to my card, stamped the sentiment in the center from Joy Clair Faith Quotes stamp set.  Lastly I added Limoncello Nuvo Jewel drops the the centers of the flowers.  Here's a closer view:



For my 2nd card I basically did the same thing, except I added Zigs to color some of the embossed elements and put pearls in the centers of the flowers.  Also, the center piece was inked then inset into the frame, whereas, in my other card I stamped directly onto the center of the card base inside the frame.  I used an ink blending tool for the pink around the sentiment.  The sentiment is from the same stamp set, Joy Clair Faith Quotes.


Here's a closer view so you can see the embossing:




I plan to enter the first card (yellow one) in:


  

Thank you so much for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful use of dry embossing on your cards and in such pretty colours and a striking design too. I love how you've picked out some beautiful spring like colours, particularly in the second one. Thanks for joining us at Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful way of using those folders. Great cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea to emboss a frame cut from a die. I love how you have showcased them here, wonderful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two fabulous cards ! Beautiful showcase on how to use dry embossing in a CAS way ! Your designs is just fabulous. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Less is More.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete