Recognition

Thursday, January 18, 2018

Two Birthday Cards

   

I worked on more birthday cards for my stash today, and made these 2 cards with similar layouts but different colors and techniques.  This first black based card was made by stamping, heat embossing and coloring images from Altenew's Persian Motifs stamp set on Bristol smooth card stock.  I used Zig Clean color markers and a water brush, then fussy cut the flowers.  After adhering them to the black card base, I stamped and embossed the sentiment from Altenew's Birthday Greetings in white and then added Nuvo jewel drops randomly around the card.  I used the colors of the Altenew January Challenge and will enter it also in The Paper Girls Watercolor Challenge #144


  


Here's a closer view:


I made a second card in white.  I heat embossed the flowers and leaves in Ranger Liquid Platinum embossing powder, then colored them with Zig Clean color markers and a water brush.  It's hard to see but I used a light gray to outline the flowers, then flicked black paint all over the front of the card.  I heat embossed the same birthday sentiment on black card stock and cut the wide strip to put over the card front.  Lastly I added black enamel accents.  I used all the same colors for this card too.


And here's a closer view:



Thanks so much for stopping by!





4 comments:

  1. These are both so stunning, I love what you have done with that challenge photo. That black one just pops with color, and I really like the embossing feature on the white. Your coloring is over-the-top gorgeous!!!! PINNING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Angie! these cards are gorgeous. Love the deep colours on the black cs and those splatters on the white one looks amazing. Both simply stunning creations. Awesome colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angie both of these are so gorgeous. Each has such wonderful colors and I think either way they are so stunning in design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are fabulous. Great fussy cutting.

    ReplyDelete