Recognition

Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Color Throwdown #474 - Guest Designer

Hello and welcome!  I'm so honored to be this week's guest designer for the Color Throwdown Challenge #474.  Here's the inspiration photo for the colors this week:  Ivory, Gray and Black.



I've used birds and a sentiment from Paper Smooches.   I inked up the Darice Birch Tree embossing folder with Gina K Designs London Fog ink and ran it through my Big shot and then die cut it with a Memory Box stitched rectangle die.  I matted it on a black panel.  I cut the birds from black card stock and vintage sheet music and pieced them together, then added them to the tree background.  I used Paper Smooches "Sentiment Sampler" to stamp the sentiment directly onto the background.  I added eyes with black enamel accents and added the tiny music notes from a punch in my stash.   Lastly I added the black panel to a Gina K Designs "London Fog" colored card base.  

Here's a closer view of my card:



I made a 2nd card very similar but without the vintage sheet music and with lots of sparkle pen on the black sections and gray Nuvo drops for the eyes.


Here's a close up of the sparkle:




Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you will have a chance to enter The Color Throwdown challenge this week!  Details are HERE.









6 comments:

  1. soo so sweet! I love how you did those birds, the music note paper is so fun and really pretty. congrats on joining us this week on the CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute!! Love how you did the embossed trees so they really pop out. Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooooooo cute! I knew right away what challenge this was for as soon as I saw your birds and trees! What a lovely creation and perfect for our SIP challenge too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those vintage sheet music birdies! Cute cards!
    Thanks for linking up to The House That Stamps Built!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness these cards are just adorable! I love the embossed trees and those birdies are just perfect! Thanks so much for joining us at Stamp, Ink, Paper this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute cards! I love the sweet little birdies~Fun design!
    Thanks so much for joining us in the challenge at Scrapy Land!
    Sherrie K
    Scrapy Land DT Member

    ReplyDelete