Recognition

Sunday, November 26, 2017

Hope and Joy Napkin Cards


Happy Sunday and welcome!  I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and if you're in the US, hope your Thanksgiving holiday was a happy one!  I had a little time to play today and am working on gift packs of cards these days.

For this pack of cards, I used a package of napkins I bought at the Dollar Tree for, you guessed it - $1.  You can see the napkin on the left in the picture above.

And I also used two new dies from Simon Says Stamp - their Hope and their Joy wafer thin dies.  These were in the newest kit, but to save money, I got just both dies and not the kit.  


I really liked the napkin pattern and originally bought it with the idea of using it in Bible journaling, which is something I recently started doing.  (I'm not very good at it, but I have enjoyed the pages I've done so far.  I hope to learn from all the talented people in blog land and when I'm brave enough, I will share some pages on my blog!)

Anyway, I took one napkin and split it away from the backing and adhered parts of it to card stock to use for cards.  Some I cut with an MFT stitched rectangle die, the word dies, and for a few smaller scraps of the napkin I used some smaller stitched dies from my stash.  I also cut the word dies from ivory and black card stock from Gina K Designs.  

There are a lot of pictures of these cards below - as I was able to make 6 from one napkin!

Here they are:

    
    



I will enter this one above in:
Come and Get it Challenge






I will enter the Hope card above in the:
Addicted to Stamps CAS Challenge #269



Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope your next week will be a wonderful one.  Try to enjoy the season and not stress over all the things you have to do in this busy time of year!  

7 comments:

  1. You made these cards all from NAPKINS? WOW!! I need to try this!! These are really nice! Thanks for joining us at our "Its Only Paper" challenge at Cards in Envy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just beautiful, the images are so lovely. I really like the color palette, very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those napkins sure did make beautiful cards. I have not made napkin cards for ages.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are gorgeous! Love, love, love the butterflies! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - what a gorgeous collection of cards and what a bonus that your dollar stretched so far!
    Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Beautiful cards and I love the creative technique! Thank you for joining us at the ATSM challenges. Hope to see you again soon. Nandini, DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow love the butterflies!!! THANKS for playing with Cards in Envy!!!

    ReplyDelete