Recognition

Saturday, November 18, 2017

CAS Merry and Bright


Hello and welcome!  I hope you are having a great weekend!

I had a little time to play in the cave today, but first I went to a craft fair.  It never ceases to amaze me how clever and creative people are.  I saw some very unique things made with recycled jewelry and old books - just very inspiring!  And I was able to get a little Christmas shopping done too!

Now on to my card:  I started with a piece of Tim Holtz watercolor paper and watercolored it with Distress Inks in greens and reds, then I splattered a lot of black paint on it.  After it dried I stamped an older large plaid background stamp from Hero Arts in black ink on the watercolored panel.  Next I die cut a white panel with MFT's Stitched Rectangle die and Poppy Stamps "Leaf Collage" die. I put that over pieces of the watercolored panel to show through the leaves and stems.  Then I stamped the sentiment from MFT's Hand Lettered Holiday in Fired Brick Distress ink.  I took another panel and cut it down by 1/8 inch and inked the edges in red to match, then put the two panels together on the Gina K Designs heavy weight card base.  Lastly I added Gelly Roll glitter pen to the inside of the stems and leaves and added some Nuvo Jewel Drops.

It's hard to get a good picture of the glitter in the leaves, but you can see a little in this photo:


I will enter this in:
(I used stamping, glitter, watercoloring, die cutting, splatter, and Nuvo drops)

   
  


19 comments:

  1. Beautiful design Angie! Love the leaf die. Very pretty with your watercoloured, stamped and glitter panel in-behind. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is amazing Angie!!
    Such a beautiful and very creative card.
    hugs
    sharon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful Angie. I really love the pattern you made for the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fabulous card, love the back behind the leaves. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is a lovely pattern behind the leaves. Very unique design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous background peeking thru your pretty die cut wheat. Love how you stamped over your background with the plaid stamp and added the black splatters and glitter. All shows up beautifully thru your die cut. TFS your beauty Angie. So pleased you joined us at CAS Mix Up and CAS Watercolour. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the way you layer your die cuts. You do it often and it's always so effective. This is no exception, this card is beautiful in it's simplicity, and your background panel is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card design and I love the simple elegance of it. The colors on the design are just wonderful too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the background peeking through the pretty die cut leaves, Angie! The glitter makes is really sparkle! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing at CAS Watercolour too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely gorgeous Angie. Love that beautiful background and how you have it featured through that lovely leaf die. Really like how you finished it with the Nuvo Drops.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, that background is stunning, I'm trying to peek and see more of it :). Thanks fr joining us at CAS Watercolour. p.s. love the die.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a stunning card! I had to scoot closer and closer to the screen to see how you'd pulled off that gorgeous layering! What a remarkable concept for a card. I admire the heck out of anyone who can make "simple" look amazing. I throw everything but the kitchen sink into my projects, so I bow to the gorgeousness of this clean and lovely card! Thank you for sharing your skills with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful background - and a great overall card design. Love the glitter showing in your second photo. Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Mix Up and CAS Watercolour.

    ReplyDelete
  15. so beautiful Angie, love your results.
    Thanks so much for playing along with the CAS WATERCOLOUR CHALLENGE!
    :) Karen

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a gorgeous background you created peeking through that lovely die cut Angie! thanks so much for sharing this with us in the CAS Mix Up challenge! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW! Your sparkly plaid leaves are absolutely stunning - and made all the more striking in peeking through the white! LOVE this! So delighted you shared this gem in the HLS CAS Challenge gallery!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  18. I absolutely love everything about this card! The red & green with black plaid is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete