Recognition

Saturday, August 19, 2017

CAS Holiday - Touch of Red




Hi, welcome to my blog and happy Saturday.  I'm sitting in my backyard enjoying the day and I can hear a local marching band playing as they  do their annual "march-a-thon" through the neighborhood.  I'm so happy for them that it is a relatively cool day with a wonderful breeze instead of a normal "way too hot" day in August.  They sound really good - what fun they are having and it's so cool that they do this to kick off their school year.

I had a little time in the cave and plan to spend most of the day in there creating and having fun!

This card was made with a new to me set from Hampton Art, that came with one die and several stamps.  I used the die to cut the buck or moose or whatever that is - somebody tell me!  I stamped everything in Staz-On brown ink with my Misti to get it nice and dark, then I used my Scan n Cut to cut out the banner and holly.  This card is so plain and simple, but I really like the way it turned out.  Some of my family members are really into CAS style and not much frill, so I think this design will be a perfect card to make for them for Christmas this year.  I finished it off by adding 3 red berries from my stash.  Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope your weekend is off to a great start!

I will enter this in:
(my perfect holiday is plain and simple - no fuss)


      

14 comments:

  1. LOVE the look here. The wood grain is awesome, and so is your design. Well done! Oh, and that's a deer, not a moose. A moose has much thicker antlers. I guess it could be an elk, but definitely not a moose...lo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice that you have a fun announcement that the kids are back in school! I think that is a fun idea to have the marching band go through the neighborhood! Love this card. Just CAS and perfect! Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful in the way you added the red. Great card design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What you call plain is a beautiful CAS masculine card. The dark brown with the pop of red is perfect. I think I need to save up for a Scan n Cut. *lol* Thank you for joining us this week at Less is More. Trina :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A pretty and elegant creation, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card, love the clean design, thanks for joining us at Allsorts. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card, Macimbalo! I really like the clean and simple design. Thanks for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great card Macimbalo. Sounds like you had the perfect day for crafting it. That looks to me like an Elks head. The antlers and shape of the head are too small for a Moose. Your CAS take on this challenge and dash of red in the berries are terrific. Thanks for joining our Masculine Anything Goes challenge at Watercooler Wednesday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful masculine CAS card! It is truly elegant! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Watercooler Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhhh This is awesome!!! Love the wood grain deer and the pop of red on the sentiment - PERFECTION!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so classy, I love that you've used brown and how simple it is. And I would say it's definitely a stag/deer.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great idea for a LIM card in the theme !

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm awfully late but I still wanted to pop by and leave you and comment saying thank you for entering our challenge at Allsorts this week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A fabulous card, I think it is a stag - he's very elegant.
    Thank you for joining us at Less is More.
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Pauline (Guest Designer) - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete