Recognition

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

New Mod Squad Challenge - Layered Flowers


Hi there and welcome!  I'm over at the Mod Squad Challenge with a new challenge this week: Layered Flowers.  You can use layers of flowers by masking, or cutting and layering or by using layering stamp sets - it's your choice, and you could win a $25 gift card to Kitchen Sink Stamps!

All the details are right here:  Mod Squad Layered Flowers Challenge

For my first card:  I used Kitchen Sink Stamps 3 Step Hearts and Roses stamp set with inks from Reverse Confetti and Hero Arts.  These KSS layered stamps are easy to line up because they have a guide on the back of the panel that shows you which edges to line up so they come out looking sweet!  After stamping the roses and leaves, I fussy cut one and 2 leaves.  I cut a diagonal panel with one rose on it and aded it to a pink card panel, added a black diagonal strip in the center and a strip of patterned paper from Gina K Designs Petite Patterns pack.  I adhere the pink layer on a black frame and then onto a white card base.  Lastly I stamped the sentiment from the same Kitchen Sink Stamps stamp set and added Nuvo Jewel drops.



For my second card:  I used Kitchen Sink Stamps 3 Step Pansy stamp set for the flowers and leaves and the sentiment is from Kitchen Sink Stamps Make a Big Statement stamp set.  I used several inks in peaches and berry colors and greens, then fussy cut them out and layered them on the card front.  I stamped the sentiment in berry color and also swiped it on some card stock so I could make matching thin strips and a thin banner.  Lastly I added some clear Nuvo drops.



Thanks so much for stopping by!

Here are a few more views:

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Black & White with a POP of Color’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome cards (and challenge). You are really nailing those KSS stamps, no small thing sometimes. They can be a little difficult at times. Love your designs, well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and I doubt I will get time to join in as we have so much going on this week. But I sure love this one you did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazingly realistic flowers! The clear drops are a prefect accent and set it off nicely. Thanks for sharing your project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love them both...but my fave is the rose card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tow gorgeous cards! Thank you for sharing your card with ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Two gorgeous floral cards! It would be difficult to pick a favorite of the two! Thanks so much for joining us at Stamp, Ink, Paper this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Kitchen Sink Stamps and you've done a beautiful job with these two cards. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Double D!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore those roses and the colours you've used. Beautiful Anniversary card. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Stamp, Ink, Paper. Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete