Recognition

Saturday, July 1, 2017

Celebrate Summer - Joining the JUGS DT



Thanks so much for stopping by and Happy July!  I'm very excited to share with you my first card as a new DT member of Just Us Girls Challenge!

This week's challenge is Word Week and the word is "Celebrate" - so I'm celebrating SUMMER!  And JUGS is Celebrating it's 400th Challenge!  Woohoo!  Congrats!!!



Our Sponsors are:
Random winner: [1 choice of a stamp set, and 1 ink pad]
and

[The Chic of this Week will win a $15 gift certificate AND, 1 random winner has their choice of a 4x6 stamp set, or 2 [in-stock] 3x5 stamp sets.]

A huge Thank you to both these companies!!

CHECK OUT ALL THE CHALLENGE DETAILS HERE!

One reason I choose the teaching profession was so I could spend the summers with my own children and now that they are all grown, I still enjoy the summer months as time to relax and regenerate!  
So Happy Summer to you all!

To make my card, I first stamped the sentiment from Winnie & Walter's "The Big, the Bold & Seasons" stamp set on a panel of watercolored paper.  I stamped the kite from Simon Says Stamp "Happy Day" on the card base and on a piece of plaid paper to paper piece the kite.  I used the Simon Says Stamp Sparkle Die twice on the front panel at 2 different angles for interest, then I added pink paper behind each large flower.  I matted that panel on blue card stock, added it to a Gina K Designs card base, then added pink paper to the tails of the flag and a strip along the bottom of the card.  I put Nuvo Jewel Sea Breeze Drops in some of the dots cut by the die and some flower centers.

I hope you will find the time to enter the JUGS "Celebrate" Challenge and to stop by all the wonderful DT blogs to get some inspiration from their gorgeous cards!
I'm so honored to be a part of this team!





I will enter this in the Make My Monday Summer Brights Challenge and Time Out Celebrations Challenge #86 and Creative with Stamps Celebrate Challenge
    

15 comments:

  1. Awesome Summer Celebration card! Welcome to the Team - you will be a fabulous addition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the team, Angie. I love the movement in your flowers. It's a lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgeous and I love all the pretty colored flowers. And, congratulations on your new design team gig. You will certainly be a great addition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome, welcome, welcome. So happy to have you on the team!!! Your card is so stinkin' cute, and I love that beautiful background. Oh, and using that wonderful plaid patterned paper for the kite is genius!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous background for your 'Summer' card Angie. Love the kite and those pretty summer flowers. Great finish with the Nuvo drops. A big welcome to being part of this fabulous Team.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card!! Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, love the soft background and those little die cute flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is amazing and on such short notice, too! Love the watercolor background. Welcome to the JUGS team!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome design Angie! I really love the kite as I adore gingham of any kind! Love the background too! Everything gels nicely together! Welcome again to the Team!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great design and fun summer card. So glad you shared your card over at Creative with Stamps and our Celebrate challenge.
    Billie A
    Creative with Stamps
    Inspiration Destination
    Catch the bug
    Aud Sentiments
    Paper Play Sketches

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this gorgeous background and the sweet plaid kite!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The watercolor effect of the background is very cool.
    You get a real summer feeling when you look at your card.
    Thank you for joining creativewithstamps

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous background for this wonderful summery card! Thanks for playing with us a Time Out Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your inked background! So beautiful!
    Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun card and that background is gorgeous. Thanks for joining the Creative With Stamps July challenge. Dorlene DT CWS

    ReplyDelete